This course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you.
This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal. PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
No prior experience with scuba diving is required, but you can try it first through the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- 10 years or above
- Medically fit to dive – check the medical declaration form
- Should be able to float / tread water for 10 minutes
- Complete three knowledge development segments, including quizzes
- Complete confined water dives 1-3
- Complete open water dives 1-2
The PADI Scuba Diver is a performance based course ie there are clearly stated requirements that you need to meet to earn your certification. So, the duration of the course can vary as per the individual diver. But generally it takes 2-3 days to complete the course.
Now you can start learning with PADI home-study materials right at home even before you come to the dive center. This way you can save on your precious holiday time and shave a day off from your course here on the island. Contact for details.